We have an update on our latest call for applications for Analytics Labs.
We are delighted to announce that we have new themes available to applicants:
- Wellbeing Lab – we are seeing increasing interest in student wellbeing within the sector (various sources including BBC, Universities UK and WonkHE). Outputs might include benchmarking, resource planning and overall impact measurement.
- Welsh Insights Lab. Explorations into the factors of most interest to Welsh Higher Education Providers.
These are available alongside our previously advertised themes:
- Diversity Lab – covering e.g. Equality accreditation, Stonewall and Gender Pay Gap, Athena Swan, Race Equality Charter, others. Could include staff and student body.
- Learning Analytics Lab – using selected ‘learning analytics’ data to improve mandatory data returns and performance metrics. Building on existing Lab and use of learning analytics data for student engagement benchmarking and insights.
- Postgraduate research Lab – including time to completion, completion rates, supervision and staff profiles, etc. To complement work already done in Labs on PGT admissions and REF 2021.
- Professional Teaching Qualifications Lab – explorations into teaching qualifications amongst the HE staff workforce with related trends and associated benchmarking.
- Financial sustainability Lab. Explore a range of financial health measures e.g. from providers and/or as set out by Council of University Chairs (CUC) and the Office for Students (OfS), Financial Sustainability Strategy Group (FSSG). To support University Executives in reporting to Governing Bodies.
These themes will be addressed in either:
- the cycle running from w/c 15 October 2018 to w/c 4 February 2019, or
- a cycle running from w/c 4 February to w/c 13 May 2019.
How to apply
Application is open to Jisc Higher Education members only via an online form. This should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. Amongst other things you will be asked to confirm that you are able to commit the time required and have your employer’s full support to do so; indicate the themes/areas you’d be interested in exploring and explain in 500 words or less your relevant experience/why you’d like to be involved.
Further information available on previous blog post https://businessintelligence.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2018/08/07/applications-for-analytics-labs-now-open/